Saturday, 16 January 2016

3 Kids Lose Their Lives To Fire In Bayelsa

A fireplace outbreak in the Ogbia area of Bayelsa on Saturday killed the three youngsters of one Mrs Favour Udoh at her residence.

The spokesman for the Bayelsa State Police Command, Mr Asinim Butswat, who verified the incident, mentioned that preliminary findings indicated that the fire at Elebele group used to be triggered through candle gentle.

Butswa said that policemen from the Kolo Division of the police in Ogbia had put out the hearth but might no longer shop the three youngsters, who died within the inferno.

On Jan. 14, 2016 at about 23.05 hrs, policemen from Kolo Division responded to a distress name of fireside outbreak, at the dwelling of one Mrs Favour Udoh at Elebele neighborhood in Ogbia LGA,he acknowledged.

Butswa mentioned that even though the fireplace used to be extinguished, three youngsters, particularly Daniel Udoh, Saviour Udoh and Joshua Udoh died.

The corpses had been deposited at the Federal scientific Centre Mortuary, Yenagoa for post-mortem and investigation is ongoing, he said.

Friday, 15 January 2016

Defence HQ Warns Nigerians About Boko Haram New Tactics

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has warned Nigerians that Boko Haram insurgents now hide explosive devices in fruits and vegetables which they hawk in carts and wheelbarrows in markets and crowded places in the northeast.

According to Rabe Abubakar, the aim of the militants is to disguise as fruits and vegetable vendors to gain

Lassa Fever Case Confirmed In Lagos

The case, which was diagnosed at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), involves a 25-year-old student from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria and the patient is said to have been admitted first at a

Tears Rolled Down Keshi's Cheek As His Wife's Remains Returned To Mother Earth

It was a moment of tears yesterday as the remains of the late wife of the former Super Eagles' coach, Mrs Kate Keshi were lowered to mother earth in Benin City. The Technical Director of the Super Eagles, Shuaibu Amodu, Former Super Eagles Coach, Austin Eguavoen and some NFF officials were among dignitaries that attended the burial. The requiem mass was held at St. Paul’s Catholic Church in Benin City before she was laid to rest at her

Thursday, 14 January 2016

The Senate president, Bukola Saraki, has cleared the air on the ‘missing’ budget.

The Senate president , Bukola Saraki has cleared the air on the controversies surrounding the missing budget.

The former Kwara state governor, in a series of tweet, reacted to the reports of missing budget at the National Assembly.

He informed that ad hoc committee set up to investigate the claims of the missing 2016 budget proposal reported that the Senate received two versions of the document from the Presidency; one directly from President Muhammadu Buhari and the other from the senior special assistant to the president on National Assembly matters, Ita Enang.

Saraki informed however, that only the document submitted by the president will be accepted by the lawmakers.

Read his tweets below:

We came to a resolution that Since we have 2 versions of the #2016Budget we will only accept the one presented by
@NGRPresident
— Bukola Saraki (@bukolasaraki) January 14, 2016

The budget was never missing. While the President submitted one, the Special Adviser presented another one. Hence reason for investigation
— Bukola Saraki (@bukolasaraki) January 14, 2016

Budget was presented on the last day of office in 2015, on the 1st day back in 2016, we noticed and immediately called for an investigation
— Bukola Saraki (@bukolasaraki) January 14, 2016

This new revelation by Saraki is a sharp contrast to an allegation by the head, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) new media, Adeyanju Deji, who said the president submitted an empty box to the senators during the budget presentation last December.

Credits: naij.com

Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Trouble As Singer "Wizkid" is Accused of Stealing From Dammy Krane..

Singer Dammy Krane took to Twitter on tuesday evening to reveal some bad blood between himself and fellow singer Wizkid.

Dammy Krane calls Wizkid a thief
According to the My Dear singer, Wizkid stole some of his material, and he wasn’t exactly happy about it. See his tweets below!

I have a problem with fake ass people,I always try and be real and let things go but I will address something first!

— #ENTERKRANER (@dammy_krane) January 12, 2016

Last year my brother got robbed and was beaten to death in America,I have a problem with thieves and people who try to intimidate others.

— #ENTERKRANER (@dammy_krane) January 12, 2016

This industry nigga has been trying it for a while.Stole a couple of my stuff but I didn’t talk…..

— #ENTERKRANER (@dammy_krane) January 12, 2016

Wizkid is a bitch nigga, I was about to loose it and fuck him up but they even had to beg me,no time to form I am the streets!!#industreet#

— #ENTERKRANER (@dammy_krane) January 12, 2016

Lol next time you want my shit just ask,Balu
— #ENTERKRANER (@dammy_krane) January 12, 2016

my fathers name is “surulere” my mothers name is “Kemi Oshodi” ask around,I hold street for pocket

— #ENTERKRANER (@dammy_krane) January 12, 2016

Yet another celebrity beef and 2016 is just days old. What is happening?

Naira Depreciates further to 305 Naira per Dollar

The naira, Wednesday, depreciated further to N305 per dollar as scarcity of dollars intensified in the parallel market.
From an average of N287 per dollar, Tuesday, the parallel market exchange rate rose to an average of N305 per dollar across the country.
Since Monday when the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) stopped the weekly dollar sales to Bureaux De Change (BDCs), the naira has been depreciating against the dollar.
BDC sources who confirmed the development to Vanguard however said that the exchange rate situation is uncertain as the rate changes from time to time.
Vanguard investigation revealed that though the exchange rate touched N305 in major cities like Lagos, Abuja and Kano, it dropped slightly to between N295 and N300 per dollar in Lagos and Abuja at the close of business, while it closed at N305 in Kano.
Chief Executive Officer, H.J Trust BDC, Mr. Harrison Owoh, told Vanguard that the market is fluid. “You cannot quote rate for anybody now because the rate is changing every time.”